In softball, whether you’re a tentative beginner or a confident expert, there’s one thing you need more than anything else: The right bat. But, with a wide variety of slowpitch softball bats to choose from, how do you know which ones to embrace and which ones to avoid?
Slowpitch Softball Bats
Every other aspect of your softball game can be improved if you work on it.
You can boost your individual talent and you can build up your confidence.
You can get better at fielding, enhance your pitch throw, and you can even improve your base running.
But, there’s one thing you can’t outrun or outplay. There’s one thing that will hold your game back again and again if you don’t get it right.
Aside from developing the right set of skills, getting your hands on the right type of bat is essential if you’re ever going to knock this whole thing out of the park!
But, with all kinds of slowpitch softball bats flooding the market right now, how do you know which ones to choose?
If you’re having trouble picking the right bat, we’ve got some great news for you. It isn’t as hard as you think, once you know what to look for.
And, even better than that, we’ve gone ahead and did the work for you.
In this article, in no particular order, we’re sharing the best slowpitch softball bats for 2017.
Are you ready to get started? Awesome!
Let’s play ball!
The 9 Best Slowpitch Softball Bats for 2017
Is the look of your bat important for your confidence behind the plate, and do you want a bat with a tremendous pop?
If so, this bat may be the one for you.
Not only does the sleek design look great, this bat is a powerhouse. It features the highest grade aerospace carbon and aramid fibers.
- It has a fixed length of 34″ but it comes in several different weights
- It has a 1oz end load to maximize your swing and send that ball way out of the park
- Extreme pressure and premium materials make this bat very durable
One of the problems with slowpitch softball bats is that some are not approved by all leagues.
Easton bats are approved by almost every league out there, and they’re popular with all kinds of players – from the amateur to the professional, and all sorts of players in between.
- Superb design. This bat doesn’t just look great, it feels really good too
- It’s a balanced swing weight bat with great performance
- The size of the barrel is 13.5 Inch Barrel Length
- IMX Advanced Composite is used in the manufacturing of this bat
The design of Easton salvo is Single System Composite Design.
- Easton salvo is approved for play in ASA, USSSA, ISA, NSA, and ISF.
This cheaper bat is a great choice for entry level players, or for people who want a durable practice bat.
It offers optimal performance at a great price.
- It’s affordable at less than $40 bucks
- It’s really light-weight
- As a single wall bat, it’s great batting practice
- It’s designed well using the latest technology
- The smart design of the barrel provides a fast swinging, evenly balanced feel in your hands
Designed with high performance at all levels in mind, this bat may lack the pop seen in more expensive bats, but what it lacks in pop it makes up for in ping!
This bat offers immense ping when it strikes the ball.
- Low-cost without compromising on quality
- Made using 7050 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, making it incredibly durable
- It’s lightweight designed improves your swing speed
- Expanded sweet spot ensures that you’ll be hitting balls solid from the start
An upgrade of the S300 bat, this bat is a good option for beginners. It also makes a good practice bat.
- Good design and looks great
- Durable – made with aluminum alloy
- Barrel provides a fast swinging evenly balanced feel
- Balanced grip
For slowpitch softball bats, Louisville Slugger is a trusted brand that creates great bats.
If you’re looking for a faster swing, pick this bat.
- Pure 360 Composite uses thinner and lightweight graphite fibers. This makes the bat durable and strong
- Wall thickness is reduced resulting in a lighter swing weight
- End loaded bat providing more distance and power on the hit
This bat is approved for USSSA and NSA play and is one of the latest models in the DeMarini line.
- Incredible power with little break-in required
- 13-inch Divergence Barrel where two layers of composite materials sandwich an air gap. This creates an ultra responsive sweet spot
- The barrel is designed for maximum performance when hitting high COR low compression balls
- Increased stiffness and durability, so the ZnX alloy handle flexes less. This increases the barrel performance.
Many slowpitch softball bats require a break-in period, and so it is with this one. But, the features that this bat boasts may well make it worth that time.
- Big D End Cap gives increased end load making it perfect for more experienced players
- S.ONE Composite Barrel for maximum stiffness
- End-Loaded Swing Weight
If you give time and energy and effort to the game, this may be the perfect bat for you.
This bat is a wonderful piece of art and the ultimate weapon for your swing.
- Znx Alloy construction
- Single Wall barrel construction
- Inflexible End Cap gives you more power
- Like its predecessor, it has an RCK knob, giving you a comfortable grip
This bat is ideal for leagues and tournaments that limit the use of composite bats.
The Best Slowpitch Softball Bats
So, there you have it. The complete range of the best slowpitch softball bats for 2017.
Now that we’ve helped you narrow down your choice, all that you’ve got to do is pick the bat that is right for you.